In this YouTube account creator guide, learn about creating a YouTube account on your computer, mobile phone, or iPad and how much it costs to create one.
If you are looking to create your YouTube channel, then this article is for you.
In this article, we will show you everything you need to know about YouTube account creation, setup, and all you need to know to own your YouTube account.
Table of Contents:
Youtube account creator:
How Can I Create An Account On YouTube?
Creating an account on YouTube is quite easy.
Let’s use three devices to illustrate how you can simply and quickly create an account on YouTube.
We will have a computer, an android phone, and an iPhone or iPad.
To create a YouTube account on a computer, simply do the following:
- Go to YouTube.
- Check the top right and then click “sign in.”
- Go ahead and click “create an account.”
- Choose either of the options presented: “For Myself” or “To Manage My Business.”
To create a YouTube account on an android device, simply do the following:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone
- Then check the top right and tap your profile picture (This will be displayed because you have a Google account.)
- Then, click on “Add account” and you are good to go.
To create a YouTube account on an iPhone or an iPad, simply follow these steps:
- First, open your YouTube app.
- Then, in the top right, tap the profile picture.
- Then click “Sign in.”
- Click “Add account.”
Note that once you have signed in to YouTube with your Google account, you can create a YouTube channel on your account.
This enables you to upload videos, leave comments, and create playlists as well.
Is Creating A YouTube Channel Free?
Creating a YouTube channel is free, and you don’t have to pay a dime to set up your channel, the only time you may need to spend money is when you need to create your video content; while doing this, you may need to spend money on the video production equipment and this may cost you a little money or maybe more than a little, depending on what you are going for.
Well, yes, creating a YouTube account is free.
YouTube in general is free to use, even for business.
That’s not even the best part, with YouTube, accounts have unlimited storage capacity, and what this means is that you can upload as many hours of footage as you like, at whatever time you like.
This gives YouTube an edge over other video-hosting platforms because it is free.
If you are looking to start your own YouTube channel, but are not quite sure if creating a channel is free, then you can go ahead and create your YouTube channel, because creating one is free, with no charges.
How Much Money Do You Need To Start A YouTube Channel?
Well, if you are looking to create a YouTube channel, you can count all the odds in your favor.
If you take your content game seriously, then you know by now that making quality videos should come top on your to-do list this year.
Video consumption rates have never been higher than now and it is ever-increasing.
You can choose to do your videos yourself as a fun DIY or you can decide to hire a professional to get it done for you.
These are some of the basic video equipment you will need:
- Video camera: you can use an iPhone or DSLR and this would cost you between $800 to $10,000.
- A tripod: this will go between $20 to $200, depending on what you want.
- A backdrop: you can get this between the range of $50 to $300.
- 3-point lighting: you can get this at $300
- Lapel microphone or rifle microphone: this will go between the range of $140 to $220.
- Editing software: you can find this at $300 for Final cut pro.
In total, your cost budget should be between $1300 to $10,000.
Remember, you don’t have to start out with all the expensive stuff.
Just get the basics to get your channel up and running, with quality videos and you are good to go.
However, this is not to say that you should go for substandard or poor quality equipment in order to cut costs.
We would advise that you go for the highest possible camera, microphone, and lighting that your budget can accommodate.
See it as an investment in your career that is well worth making.
Whatever the case may be really, all you need to get started is a Google account and a camera to begin.
You can start with your phone, webcam and then evolve from there.
The important thing is to get started.
You can use an old handheld camera, your PC’s webcam, or your phone camera.
But you still need a real camera.
You could go for something moderate but quality, something like a DSLR like the Nikon D3400.
This is a great choice, to begin with, and you can even go for the older D3200 model if you can get it.
You can get the body only.
This is because really, you do not need the standard packaged lens kit to start.
Unless of course, for close shots, then you may need to consider a more suitable lens.
It is quite important that you do some research to find out what is the best camera for your budget.
It is also important to not put yourself under undue pressure.
Just buy the equipment when and as you need to use it.
Don’t let the price inhibit your exploration or buying adventure wither.
There are lots of great options available in the market, so you always have a wide variety of options to choose from.
The key is to go for the best equipment within your budget.
Remember, you also need to get a tripod.
You do not need a tripod to start, but for best results, you should get one.
And they do not even cost a lot.
You can get a smartphone tripod for as low as $10.
However, if you are planning to have the full camera and tripod set ready, then you should look at something a little extra than that.
You should find a tripod that is suitable for this purpose at around $50.
You also need to get a good microphone.
Well, microphones are not exactly cheap.
You can go for the Rode videoMic Go Lightweight.
You can buy this on Amazon.
You can also decide to settle for a USB mic so you can clip it to your tie or cloth and you are good to go.
Whatever you decide, make sure to only go for what works best for you at the stage that you are, not forgetting that what you want at the end of the day is quality video production.
Is Creating A YouTube Channel Safe?
Well, creating a YouTube account is pretty safe, nobody is going to chase you with a gun for owning a YouTube channel but this does not rule out the fact that you need to be cautious online and stay safe.
Not everyone is online for a genuine and good reason.
You want to beware of phishing online.
What does this even mean?
Phishing refers to the process of tricking a person into giving up their personal information, like their credit card numbers, national ID number or social security number, or any other financial data.
When someone phishes another person, they usually use that information to steal from you.
It could be money, property, or even your identity.
Please know this: YouTube will NEVER ask you for your password, email, address, or other account information.
One way to stay safe on YouTube is to make sure that you keep your YouTube Password to yourself.
Never share your password with others.
Here’s a general checklist you can use to help you stay safe.
This will make sure that your computer is secure, as well as your Gmail, browser, and your Google account.
- Create a unique, strong password for your Google account, and do not use the same login details here for other sites; your password should contain at least eight characters and be a combination of letters and numbers.
- Usually, for passwords, it is advised that you select an acronym and insert numbers in between some of the letters, if possible, include punctuations, mix capital, and lowercase letters.
- Make sure to add a recovery phone number and secondary secure email to your Google account because failure to do this could easily expose your account to access by someone who knows or can correctly guess the answers to your security questions.
- You can also make use of an alias, you don’t have to use your real name anyway, if you’re trying to build your brand or you need to do something professional and you have to use your real name, then you can go ahead.
- When you begin to have an increase in your fanbase, it’s time to get more conscious, this is because some people will not respect boundaries like you would want them to so, you may have to go to your Facebook and begin to lock up your stuff.
- Make sure that on your social media apps that you’ve got on your phone, your location is turned off when you can, this will keep some trouble away from you.
- On your “About Me,” try to use an email that is specifically for that purpose, that way, if anybody tries to contact you, they just go directly there, without having to mess up your private email space.
Remember, we are not trying to scare you.
We just want you to be careful and make sure that your account stays safe.
Can I Start A YouTube Channel With My Phone?
Well, the answer is Yes!
You can start a YouTube channel with your phone.
Simply go to the YouTube app on your phone and click on it.
Then, tap the top right corner and you will see a “Sign in” option, that is if you don’t already have an account.
It will take you to another screen where you will see “Create an account” on the lower part of your screen.
So, you go ahead and input your name and tick “next.”
Fill in your birthday, and then choose your Gmail account, the one you would like to be associated with your YouTube account.
This is not your actual YouTube name, so you can put whatever you want.
Then go ahead and type in your Password.
Then you go through the privacy agreement and click “Next.”
Your account is ready.
You can then go ahead to customize your account to what you would like.
And that is simply it.
So that’s all about setting up a YouTube account.
We hope you found this article helpful.
Leave us a comment!