👉👉👉👉 Subscribe 👈👈👈👈
How To Come Up With The Best YouTube Channel Name?
Once you step into the realm of YouTube, the maintenance of your channel becomes the sole purpose of your dedication and hard work. You spend endless hours creating catchy content for your viewers and to gain a handsome amount of subscribers.
But isn’t there a chance for all this blood, sweat and tears to go to waste if your subscriber count is still not boosting?
If you have been creating your entertaining content following all the key points mentioned in our previous articles, sticking to the guidelines and delivering your best, but still haven’t had any luck in boosting up the figures, then maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Perhaps the name of your channel!
Here are some of my favorite YouTube tools:
Great Value For Money
TubeBuddy makes YouTube life easy. It's a browser extension that adds a layer of tools directly on top of YouTube’s website. With just a few quick clicks, it helped me grow my channel from 0 subscribers to 1000s of subscribers using keyword research, advanced analytics and much more.
SEMRush is a powerful software that will help you find the best keywords to get your content seen. It's easy and intuitive, which makes it perfect for YouTubers who want to get results FAST on their marketing efforts.
Jarvis is a tool that allows you to generate any content 10x times faster! I was able to create a video script in a matter of 15 minutes or less. Their AI assistant can write the content for you or even suggest topics in the niche you're in.
Did you know,
About one-third of internet users have YouTube as their best friend?
That’s a big figure and it’ll surely be disappointing not to catch some views with half of the population on YouTube.
But how to resolve this?
The secret lies in having a catchy name!
So let’s take a look at how you can attract some eyes on your channel by just your name!
Table of contents:
How To Choose A Youtube Channel Name:
Why Is It Important To Have A Catchy Name?
Did you know, whenever a person surfs through YouTube, they only give an attention span of 20 seconds to pick out the most catchy YouTube channel.
In other words, you only have 20 seconds to gain a new subscriber!
When it comes down to those 20 seconds, your channel’s description, your content or your channel’s sections all become secondary tools.
The things which will be your own advertisement in those 20 seconds are your channel’s name and the thumbnail.
Your name needs to be so eye catchy that it makes users hard to resist viewing your channel!
But from thousands of names crashing in your mind, picking out the most attractive one can surely be a pain in the neck.
But hey, don’t worry, we are here to rescue!
So just stick to these simple guidelines to make your channel’s name truly one in a million!
So you might ask,
What Should My YouTube Name Be?
It is quite clear up till now that the name of your YouTube channel can truly be either a deal sealer or a deal-breaker for your channel.
While picking out a name for your channel, you need to keep in mind some do’s and don’ts that are guaranteed to help you to set a unique name for your channel, and also work well with YouTube’s algorithm.
Generally, there are 4 ways to categorize YouTube channel names:
- By name (for example, Madelaine Petsch)
- By brand (for example, BigHit)
- By category ( for example, classic game room)
- By description ( for example, Rap Battles)
So let’s take an overview of what you need to do to select the ideal name for your channel.
Develop a Strategy:
Firstly, you need to develop a strategy and for that, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What are you intending to share on your channel?
- Which topics do you want to cover on your channel?
- What do you specifically want to highlight? Your brand or company or branding?
By compiling the answers to these questions, you can pretty much create a rough draft of a few names that instantly click in your mind. Let’s take an example to help understand this strategy better:
For instance, you created your YouTube channel with the intention of sharing fitness tips and exercises.
You are mostly interested in covering topic areas of belly fat and a balanced figure.
You also have a small gym called ‘Fit It!’ where you can offer personal coaching to your viewers.
So now you have jotted down the intention, the topics and your brand so work your brain and think of some creative names like ‘Fitness Freak at Fit it’ or ‘Fit it Fitness’.
Positioning Your Name:
YouTube is also a search engine so it becomes obvious that by using certain keywords it can position your channel to appear among the very first searches.
Your channel’s name needs to be optimized.
While optimizing the name of your channel you will see that by using a generic name like ‘Cooking’ or ‘Painting’ for your channel, YouTube will automatically boost the channel up to appear in the top searches.
You can also use certain chrome extension like vidIQ, to ensure that your keyword has a good amount of searches.
So you need to include some generic keywords in your name that make the name of your channel unique, catchy and optimized.
And of course, it is no secret that your channel will get all the limelight if it appears in the top searches.
So optimizing the name is definitely a strong ‘Do’!
For more about how to use vidIQ and doing good keyword research on YouTube read our guide about how to get more views on YouTube.
Knowing what to mention:
People often get confused in naming the channel not knowing whether to have their names go by category, their brand or by the topic of their contents.
You should have a clear image beforehand of whether you want your channel to go by your brand’s name or by your own name.
But if you are new to the YouTube world and don’t have a brand yet, then it’s preferred to go by your own name.
It is also not necessary to have the topic of your channel as your YouTube name. You need to select a name that subtly depicts your channel’s topic in your name.
Do a round check:
Before deciding on a name and making it the face of our channel, you need to do around check on YouTube to make sure that no channel already exists with your shortlisted name.
Also, run through a search on Google to ensure that nothing can trouble you in the future regarding copyrights.
Tips and Tricks:
Some valuable tips and tricks can surely help you brainstorm and make a list of the most creative and unique names that come in your mind.
Some of these tricks are:
- Use an attractive name. You need to pick a name that has an essence of all the mentioned features in this article. All these factors combined can help you in picking a unique and creative name.
- Pick a sticky name. By a sticky name, we mean choosing a name that instantly sticks to the minds of your viewers. The key to a sticky name is uniqueness. The more unique your name is, the more it will stick to the minds of your viewers.
- Using tools. Some tools (like our YouTube channel name generator) and online tools can absolutely assist you in picking the chicest and special name.
- Simplicity is the key. Keep your name short and simple so that it is easy to pronounce and spell. Keep it fixed within 2-3 phrases.
Don’ts in Choosing a Name:
Since we have already highlighted the Do’s in picking out a great catchy name, now let’s come towards the Don’ts.
The following enlisted features are to be avoided at all cost while selecting a catchy tempting name:
- Too Long Names: Long names are never encouraged on YouTube. Remember you need to grab your audience’s attention in 20 seconds and long names can’t help you do that. Long names are also not easier to remember so these should be avoided. For example: ‘MyCoolAndAwesomeChannelWithEntertainingVidoes’
- Using Strange Symbols: Many people use different symbols with the hope of creating a unique name for their channel. But it should be noted that names with symbols are much difficult to remember. This effect works more on famous YouTubers who already have a large fan following, otherwise, it will just create a negative impact for your channel. For example ‘[email protected]$$’
- Off Topic Names: From the very beginning, we want you to focus on names that coincide with your channel’s topics. Off-topic names that have zero relation with your channel’s theme and topic can result in a blow for your channel. For example, the name ‘Eat Away’ for a gaming channel.
- Numeric Names: It is advisable to avoid using names with numbers for the sake of simplicity. Make sure your channel’s name doesn’t resemble a phone number so keep it short and simple with 2 or 3 digits. For example, Raplhs23456 is not a good name.
Creative Youtube Channel Names List
Once you have covered all these features and key points, you need to start brainstorming.
Juggle your nerves and work your brains to make a draft of the names that come crashing in your mind. Here's a list of 100+ available YouTube channel names for you to get started: