Learn how to create a signature coaching program and discover the importance of having your own coaching program as well as how to make it successful.
It’s the beginning of a new year, and while hopes are high and speculations increasing, it’s a great idea to be intentional, even more than ever about the results you want to see.
So, if you want to stand out in your coaching business, then there are particular things to do to achieve this result.
Before we talk about these ‘particular things,’ you need to know that everyone can claim to be a great coach, and in fact, this industry is highly competitive, so you need to ask clear-cut questions like “what can I do to stand out amidst so much competition?”
“What distinguishes an average low-earning coach from an all-time excellent high-earning coach?”
Those are the kind of questions you need to answer to get going.
Before then, you have to understand the importance of standing out of the pack.
Apart from the fact, that going beyond the average will give you a cutting-edge advantage in your industry, you are sure to increase your earning power just by standing out, and becoming an A-list coach in your industry, something of an icon or a standard that others look up to; and this definitely increases your numbers.
There are some critical factors you need to keep in mind while creating a coaching program, and some of them are: always narrow down who your target customers are, conduct some test trials of your program, implement pricing methods, use sales funnels, program to expand, and create multiple versions of your program, all these factors are bound to make your coaching program a success!
So you see? A happy cycle of progress!
So, if you are a coach or you are looking to start your coaching course and you’ve been asking these questions, searching for answers to get you started or get you on to the next level, well, you came to the right place.
This article is just right for you!
Do you want to stand out as a master coach and keep delivering signature coaching programs?
If you do, then keep reading!
Table of Contents:
How To Create A Signature Coaching Program + FREE Template
1. Niche Down To Find Your Ideal Customers
When we talk about a niche, you must understand that the very purpose of its existence is to save you the stress of guessing what works.
It saves you the time of trying different options to see what works best.
Simply put, it narrows down your activities and concentrates them in one place so you get maximum results.
The same principle applies to creating your signature coaching program.
You need to target.
How? Well, niche down to find who your ideal customers are.
Simply put, you have to target the audience most valuable to you.
If you are into online coaching, by now, you understand that this means an almost endless reach.
While it is a great idea to be able to reach masses of people, business sense will remind you that not everyone needs your business, so it is important that you identify your audience which of course will be the people who need what you offer.
Don’t go making the mistake many newbies make while trying to push out or promote their coaching business.
Trying to reach a broad set of people will frustrate you because it’s not so easy to convince a large number of people who are unfamiliar with your topic that they have a need for what you offer.
But when you narrow down your target audience, this will help you focus on the people who are actually in need of your coaching services and are open to interacting with your business positively and actually buying from you.
2. Test Out A Small Portion Of Your Coaching Program
Many times, the reason your coaching may not be selling is not that it sucks or it does not deliver.
The reason you may not be making the impact you want to make is that your audience has little knowledge or understanding of the importance or the value of your service to them.
This is a great reason to take audience education seriously.
It’s always great to test little parts or portions of your coaching programs on your audience every now and then.
Of course, you need to know your service or product far better than anyone else does, otherwise, you are not equipped to educate your audience on it.
When you know the intricacies of your product or service so well, it will bolster your confidence and help your reputation as well.
So, simply put, break down your coaching program into smaller parts and educate your audience about your main class using the little parts.
You can proceed to create a free online class or webinar and use it to get paid.
Educating your leads about your products is so powerful that it can turn leads into repeat customers.
Put this knowledge to use now.
Another way you can make this work for you is by creating a script or planning your classes.
When you have a plan, it is easy to divide your class into major sections.
This will help to carry your audience along and cut out the chances of information overload.
When you can feed them in bits, exciting bits that is, you make them anticipate what is in the main class.
You can follow up each chapter or section with a summary or a series of questions and discussions.
3. Experiment With Pricing
This is the part you get to choose your pricing and this can get very tricky.
A couple of factors will have to be taken into consideration of course when you are considering your pricing.
For instance, you have to incorporate the cost of labor into the price of your product or service as a coach.
For coaching service, in this case, you need to quantify your expertise and time into the cost.
This will help you to determine the final price of your service.
But here’s what we will advise: many times, the best way to find out the “right” price is by experimentation.
You can consider the following pricing experiments to boost the sales of your coaching programs right away:
- Anchor Pricing: this is when you put one class just right next to a more expensive one, in most cases, you will find that a customer is more likely to buy the less expensive one.
- Bundle Pricing: this is when you offer your customers added value by joining related classes or sessions together and selling them at a ‘Package’ price; many people often go for this because they feel it’s a great deal, and who doesn’t love a good deal?
- Charm pricing: this is a trick professional copywriters understand and employ a lot and it’s an old trick really which is that people are more inclined to buy a $9.99 product than a $10.00 product, when in fact, there is almost no difference, save for a cent!
- A/B Pricing: this is when you compare the reactions of customers to different pricing and the goal of this pricing experiment is to help you see what works better and go with it for your coaching program.
- Competitive Pricing: this is quite simple; you just take a look at what your competitors are doing and then based on your observation, you price your class in a way that draws customers to your offer or service instead.
Remember, you don’t have to use these experiments.
They are meant to help your pricing decision process.
You might need to experiment more than once to know what your customers want.
Just be patient and watchful and you will see what works best for your audience.
4. Get More Sales (With Sales Funnel)
If you will have a signature coaching program, you need to create an effective sales funnel.
So, what are the sales funnel?
Well, it is simply the order or flow of your steps or pages that you set in place for prospects to follow in order to ensure you get them to buy your product.
This is an important tool if you want to grow your coaching business and make your income consistent.
When you are setting up your sales funnel, you need to keep a few things in mind.
- Analyzing your audience’s behavior is key: you need to be able to understand and interpret the footprints users leave behind online; this means you need to know what users are most likely to be doing per time and at what point on their purchase journey as this will help you focus your targeting and concentrate on those areas that can convert them better than less-likely areas.
- Good content is non-negotiable: if you want to attract customers, you need to find out what users are searching for and beyond that, know how to fit it in; this means you need to have great content skills to keep them coming.
- A great landing page: what’s the use of all the stress if you are going to lead prospects to a terribly optimized landing page? you must strive for a great landing page that has a great user interface to enhance the prospects’ experience when they eventually end up on your website and simply put, your landing page should wow your prospects such that they feel the need to do business with you already.
- Emails: you have to keep in touch with your leads by using newsletters; this does not mean you bombard them with emails every day, just let them know what your business has been up to and let them in on any current offers they may be interested in or missing out on.
- Stay in touch: your customers want to know that you care about them personally, beyond just getting them to buy your services so, you need to give them some reasons to be loyal; you can use discounts, loyalty-codes, and special access to new services and so much more.
You can track the success of your sales funnel using tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, HotJar, and CrazyEgg.
5. Expand Your Program And Create Great Content
This is the part we talk about the need to create good videos.
Videos have a high-converting rate and can grab attention faster than many means of marketing.
Using quality video content can captivate and engage your audience faster than anything else.
Here are some things you need in place to create a great video:
- Lighting: lighting can make or mar your presentation; do well to use well-lit videos as people prefer these to dimly-lit videos.
- Content: your content must be relevant and meaningful, for example, if you are absolutely familiar with your subject, then you can pass your message without a script, otherwise, we recommend you create a script you can read from.
- Audio: great sound is everything when creating a quality video so, if you have bad sound, then the purpose of your video content has been defeated because you would have failed to communicate your message to your audience and you don’t want that to happen.
6. Create Another Version Of It
When you set out to create a signature coaching program, it may not become the next big thing instantly.
If you want to increase your chances of success at this, there’s no reason you can’t create multiple versions of your programs.
This will help to familiarize your process and make it easier to overcome the usual hurdles as you go.
You will also find that you get better at it and you discover better class outline and marketing strategies that.
So that was all you needed to know about creating a coaching program.
Did you find this article useful?
Please kindly let us know by leaving a comment.
You May Also Like
Anita is a part of Weshare’s writing team. She has social media marketing experience for over 4 years and has been writing in-depth guides and articles about marketing, social media, and online education for the past 7 years.
We Also Reviewed
- 41+ Public Speaking Statistics You Should Know
- 33 CRM Statistics You Should Know
- 34 Employee Burnout Statistics You Should Know
- 35 Machine Learning Statistics You Should Know
- 39+ Communication Statistics You Need To Know
- 37+ Cold Calling Statistics You Need To Know
- 21+ Entrepreneur Statistics You Should Know
- 35+ Contract Management Statistics You Should Know
- 35+ Sales Training Statistics You Should Know About
- 37+ Zoom Statistics You Should Know
- 75+ WordPress Statistics You Need to Know
- 41+ Startup Statistics You Need to Know
- 37+ Presentation Statistics You Need To Know
- 41+ Recruiting Statistics You Need to Know
- 23+ Apple Podcast Statistics You Should Know About
- 31+ Spotify Podcast Statistics You Should Know About
- 35+ Spotify Statistics You Should Know
- 45+ Advertising Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind